9.13.2011

Review: Tarte's True Blood Palette


I love True Blood (okay... I'm obsessed), but I wasn't sure I wanted to spend around $52 for a makeup palette just because it was True Blood themed. That is, until I randomly picked it up in Sephora. I was immediately impressed by the quality of the palette. I went home and after a little more thought, I ordered it.

Tarte for True Blood display in Sephora


I wouldn't use this image for color accuracy, just for color range and overall tone :)
These also match up to the image above (same order).

If you're looking for crazy, out there colors, pass over this palette. If you're more demure and want to play with a range of dramatic to natural looks, this is for you. These shadows are soooo silky and lovely. Some take a lot to get the color to show up on the skin, while others (especially the darker ones) take little effort to get an intense color.

Overall, I bought this palette because my makeup collection has gotten old and I needed to breathe new life into it. It's a great value for everything that you get (17 eyeshadows, eyeliner, mascara, eye primer), but if you have similar stuff I'd maybe pass over it... that is, unless you're a huge True Blood fan!

Who doesn't want to look as fierce as Pam?

No comments:

Post a Comment