5.10.2012

Kiehl's Mini-Review Mega-Post!

My newest skincare obsession is Kiehl's. I owe Kiehl's a lot since they saved my face from a nightmare caused by a certain popular in commercials product. Here are some quick-fire reviews of multiple Kiehl's products with descriptions from kiehls.com.


LIP BALMS
Lip Balm #1:
  • Temporarily protects and helps relieve chapped or cracked lips.
  • Helps protect lips from the drying effects of wind and cold weather.
  • Formulated with soothing emollients Squalane, Lanolin and Sweet Almond Oil as well as Vitamins A and E.
Pear Lip Balm:
  • Protects against the elements and helps relieve chapped or cracked lips.  Enriched with Cotton Seed Oil and contains Octinoxate, a mild sunscreen of SPF 4.
If anyone ever asked me what my desert island product would be, it would be this. I hate having dry lips, and this is the best cure because it's shiny, not sticky, and both of these flavors (or lack of) are great. The #1 balm isn't flavored/scented, but it's not unpleasant either. The pear balm has a hint of pear in its scent and flavor. It's not overwhelming or artificial tasting/smelling. I really love it, but it costs slightly more. I do think it's worth the extra few bucks.




CREME WITH SILK GROOM
Our unique Creme with Silk Groom moisturizes, protects, and conditions hair for an optimal styling experience. Formulated with Silk Powders and naturally-absorbed oils and moisturizers derived from Wheat Protein, Soy Protein, and Jojoba Oil, this non-greasy grooming aid has become world-renowned for its silky smoothness and superior efficacy.

I put the creme on the ends of my hair after I washed it and removed excess water with a towel. I then let it air dry and brushed it out. The tips of my hair kind of clumped together in a small way, but it wasn't visibly distracting as long as I didn't use a ton of the product. My hair was a little softer, but I didn't notice a huge change after one use. What I did love despite that, was that it had the scent and feel that my hair has after I leave the salon. To me, it's almost worth it for that fact alone.


CLEARLY CORRECTIVE™ DARK SPOT SOLUTION
Clearly Corrective™ DARK SPOT SOLUTION is a fast-acting serum that evens skin tone and diminishes dark spots to impart overall radiance and luminosity to the skin:
  • In as little as 2 weeks, 55% of women clinically demonstrated a significant reduction in dark spot intensity.
  • In 4 weeks, 69% of women clinically demonstrated a continued reduction in dark spots intensity and 73% of women showed a significant reduction in acne scarring.  Reduction in other skin discolorations was clinically evident among 69% of women.
  • In 8 weeks, 87% of women clinically demonstrated more uniform skin tone to deliver breakthrough clarity.
  • With continued daily usage, Clearly Corrective helps to prevent the formation of future dark spots and other skin discolorations.
  • No Silicones. No Parabens. No Fragrance. No Colorants. No Optical Diffusers.
I had no hopes for this product, because let's get real, it's almost too good to be true. I've been using my small sample for over two weeks and I'm fairly certain there's an improvement in the darkness of my dark spots. My skin looks brighter and more vibrant. I've been targeting one scar on my ankle in addition to my face, and my ankle scar looks better... it hasn't disappeared, but it looks lighter (and it was a pretty bad scar).
UPDATE 8-2-2012: I totally broke down and bought this and my skin has seen a HUGE improvement! Sooooo worth the price!


CREME DE CORPS SOY MILK & HONEY WHIPPED BODY BUTTER
  • Luxuriously scented cream – light on skin, yet rich in 24-hour hydration. 
  • Decadently air-whipped for instant penetration to restore, protect, and soften skin.
  • Quickly absorbed to deliver deep moisturization and leave a light, addictive scent on skin.
  • No parabens, glycols or silicones.
I'm not sure how I feel about this product. I feel like it was difficult to spread around my skin and it's scent was just okay. Maybe the non-whipped Creme de Corps products are better?

No comments:

Post a Comment