1.10.2011

Traditional Zebra (Konad m57)

It's been a while since I've done a Konad mani, and my lack of practice shows! The lines are inconsistent because I was too slow, some neighboring nails are identical because I didn't rotate the plate, and my top coat created some drag lines because I didn't start with it thick enough or move fast enough. Overall, it's not too bad.


The black (specifically, a blue-based black) base is 2 coats of OPI's Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees (EspaƱa Collection, 2009). The white zebra stripes were done with Konad's special white polish and touch ups/line extensions were done with CM Nail Art's white.





If you want to do this Konad (plate m57) and you don't have teeny tiny nails, it'll be smart to get a nail art polish with a skinny brush in the same color you're doing the stripes in order to extend the lines all the way across your nail. If you don't, you'll have an odd, vacant, rectangular border around your zebra stripes. I only really have to do this on my thumbs every time, but it's nice to have if you mess up slightly on one nail and don't want to have to do the whole thing over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment