11.29.2011

Review: Tan Towel for Face & Body

I first used a Tan Towel ages ago when they were first on the market and hard to find and thought it was a genius product, so I jumped at the chance to try them again when I received this as a sample in a Sephora order.

When you tear open the packet, it looks exactly like a moist towelette. There is no orange liquid or anything like that to deal with--the towel is white and the moisture on it is clear. You rub it on your body (including face) where you want to be tan. It takes about 5 minutes and is very simple and easy. In a few hours your skin starts to "tan" and you get that sun-kissed look. The only bad thing is that you can't see where you have applied the tan towel or how much is on your skin... which for me resulted in a ring around my lips and a very orange face. Less is definitely more when applying. I tried to cover my whole upper body and ended up tanning myself in unnatural places which made me look very Snooki-esque. It's also smart to apply this about 2 days before big events or outings so that the tan can fade off a bit and look more natural. It does have a smell, which is almost bitter, but it didn't bother me (I even kind of liked it) and faded significantly overnight. Tan Towel is a convenient alternative to tanning outdoors, tanning in a bed, or spray tans.


While the colors may not be accurate, note the difference in skin tone two hours after application. I'm pretty sure that I continued to get a bit darker after this:

No comments:

Post a Comment