11.26.2012

Raves (No Rants!)

Who's ready for some ramblings about two of my favorite drugstore products?

RAVE: Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion
Confession: My elbows are not my favorite body part. They're ashy, hyper-pigmented, and look like dinosaur skin... So, when I saw a commercial for this lotion that showed the miraculous transformation of someones cookie dough elbows into beautiful, healthy looking elbows I decided that it was worth a purchase to get any kind of improvement. I found a travel/mini-size bottle at Target sometime last year and have been applying it to my elbows fairly regularly. Cut To: The other day I was checking out an outfit in the mirror and caught a glimpse of my elbow in the mirror (something I usually try to avoid). Instead of dino-skin, my skin looked normal (like, regular nice looking person normal). Who would have thought that a healing lotion would actually heal? Yes, it took a long time to get a result that I never thought I'd get in my lifetime, but that one mini-bottle lasted that entire time and I don't even think I'm near to running out!


RAVE: TRESemmé Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo
In addition to my less-than-desirable elbows, I have really oily, long hair which is a pain to wash in the morning when you're in a hurry to get somewhere, but totally necessary when you're me. I've been wanting to try this dry shampoo, but I read  some not great reviews online so I thought I'd look elsewhere. Then while browsing Target's beauty section I saw mini-bottles of this on clearance and grabbed one.
When I use this, I follow the directions on the can and then throw my hair up into a ponytail or bun because having unwashed oily hair still kind of squicks me out (yes, I know it's better for your hair not to wash it...blah, blah). In the past when I've done this without dry shampoo, I could still "feel" the unwashed-ness of my hair. With this dry shampoo I no longer feel gross! I like the smell of this (the reviews I read all loathed the scent). It's kind of a masculine citrus scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment