11.02.2010

Van Gogh, Cupcakes, Americana, & Frankenstein

Rapidfire nails with super quick break downs, GO!

First up (nails from months ago) is Van Gogh's Starry Night as done by a much less talented person! After seeing the Doctor Who episode Vincent & the Doctor this summer, I couldn't help but fall in love with Van Gogh all over again. The base is OPI's Ogre-the-Top Blue. The rest comes from CM Nail Art's kit. I'm going to redo these pretty soon and make them much more detailed and less MS Paint-y.

Cupcakes!

Isn't that Precious? base, bottom half the nail in Something Sweet with the CM pink stripes, Alpine Snow cupcake top, dots in Light as Air

Lavender dots done with one of the rubbery tips of a bobby pin. Either paint the end or dip it in the polish and apply to the nail.


 Go vote this Tuesday! If you're not registered, go register you dummy! It's easy, it's free, and I suppose it's better to be registered and exercise your right to not vote than be unregistered and wanting to vote yet are unable to.
Blue on base, red on top, white last.


Late Halloween nails! OPI's Who the Shrek are You? for the Frankenstein green, Alpine Snow for the eyes, CM Nail art for everything else. The rest of the nails (black with a slight green tint) are in OPI's Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Starry Night nails, they're BEAUTIFUL and I wish I could do that. I watch Doctor Who also and I felt the same exact way after seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, fellow Whovian! They're surprisingly easy to do because being messy is completely acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I love the Starry Night nails. It's by far my favorite painting. I've been asking some bloggers who take suggestions to do it but no one does. I'm so happy I found you. Next time you do them you will have to take pictures individually of each nail!
    I love to blog but unfortunately this is a style I will never have on mine. I'm no where near this talented

    ReplyDelete
  4. @NailNarcotics You can totally do it if you use glitter on it! The glitter hides any mistakes and makes the colors blend better. You just have to play around with it. I have faith in you!

    ReplyDelete