8.13.2012

What's in My Bag?

I lovvvveeeee when magazines harass celebs and ask to see what's in their makeup bags. I still remember being fascinated by Molly Sims' bag in an issue of YM magazine from the early 2000s (remember that one?). She had a cute, black bag with a rhinestone cherry for a zipper... and I'm pretty sure she used Rosebud lip salve, so thanks, Molly, for getting me addicted to that at an early age. If you're willing to forget the fact that I'm not a supermodel, you can peek into my makeup bag! Here are my main staples of beauty:


Omorovicza Complexion Perfector BB SPF 20 - For those good skin days/gotta do my makeup quick days/beach days. This BB cream has everything you could need and it's easy to apply--great for those low-maintenance days. The downside to this product? It's pricey y'all.
Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup - For those bad skin days/I know I'm going to have my picture taken and I need to look good days... this is not oily at all and provides pretty heavy coverage. It's supposed to help prevent acne too, but I don't know how effective that is.
Nicola Roberts' Dainty Doll Shadow & Base Duo in Honey Bronze - This duo is great for any time and so easy to work with. It's color is buildable so you can go from understated to nighttime-glam-wow easily. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure you can only get this brand in the UK and also, I think they discontinued this particular product. Bummer.
Nars Eyeliner Pencil in Black Moon - I've been using this for years... like, since middle school and I'm a few years out of college now. It's super dark and long lasting.
Band Aid by Cynthia Rowley - Fans of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy know to always have a towel. Fans of Doctor Who know to always bring a banana to a party. I know to always have a band aid in your makeup bag. I find them useful for those times that your shoes turn evil and give you blisters or for random freak incidents that leave you in need of a small cover-up operation.
E.L.F. All Over Color Stick in Fair (names have changed since my purchase) - This is a quick, compact concealer that has a sugary/citrus-y scent. The best part? It cost $1! A buck! What!
Tweezerman Mini Slant Tweezers - I swear by these tweezers. They're super sharp so they grab those really fine hairs.
Last but not least, a hair clip - I have floppy hair and sometimes those situations where it's windy or super humid arise and you have to get that hair out of your face! This is a lifesaver.

Now, you may have noticed that I have nothing for the lips. That's because I'm usually a balm person. I have balms and some glosses stashed away in every purse... lipsticks stay with the rest of the makeup until they're needed.

So, that's it! That's what's in my bag! Do you swear by the same stuff? Do you swear by something similar? Comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment